Google+

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Fantasy Grid

It’s hard to believe I started this sketch back in October during the New Orleans Film Festival. The drawing gave me something to work on while waiting for the next film to begin. Like similar grids, before this one, I kept the direction open-ended. I wasn’t worried about keeping shapes a certain way or having a specific formula for the whole image. My goal this year will be to create a finished color pencil piece in the spirit of these intuitive grids.


graphite on paper, 8.5" x 11"

2 comments:

  1. Mo, somehow when I look at this I'm reminded of the shoreline of Metairie and Lake Pontchartrain, and all the maps after Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin:

    Seeing all the maps after Katrina had an impact on my grid-making. But the maps are not my only source for what I'm doing. A mosaic show that visited New Orleans also provoked my experiments.

    Who knows where this is going . . .

    Mo

    ReplyDelete